We’re getting increasingly poor performance in Jdeveloper.
Expanding a project after 5 minutes of starting JDeveloper takes a long time, opening any file or opening file in JSF editor causes the CPU usage spike to 100% for around 1 minute , and changing a property in the JSF editor takes about more than 10 seconds.
So I tried to investigate what exactly causing this and tried to check whether anybody else also experiencing same prooblem.
I found some hint in oracle forum in thread no 1723266.
Here Sandra Muller from Oracle’s JHeadstart Team suggested to do following step everytime one is starting JDeveloper.
* Before starting JDeveloper, edit the web.xml file and comment out the entry
* Open JDeveloper and open the ViewController project before you put back the CONFIG_FILES parameter in web.xml.
* Use PC’s with 2GB internal memory
* Use the JDeveloper extension KeepResident (Check for Updates, Partner extensions)
* Configure the JDeveloper Preferences to open files in the Source editor by default (Tools – Preferences – File Types, tab Default Editors)
I have yet to check this out, but the thread suggests some positive results.