Quantcast
OracleBrains.Com header image 2

FAL[client, USER]: Error 1031….for fetching gap sequence

March 25th, 2011 by rajs · No Comments

Today one of my guys called me that log seq is not in sync with main db server.

When I checked the alter log file of the standby server, I found following

Media Recovery Waiting for thread 1 sequence 7752
Error 1031 received logging on to the standby
FAL[client, USER]: Error 1031 connecting to bizwizdb for fetching gap sequence
Errors in file c:\app\administrator\diag\rdbms\standby1\standby1\trace\standby1_pr00_2488.trc:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
Errors in file c:\app\administrator\diag\rdbms\standby1\standby1\trace\standby1_pr00_2488.trc:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
Completed: alter database recover managed standby database disconnect
Fri Mar 25 10:02:19 2011

When I checked standby1_pr00_2488.trc and found following

*** 2011-03-25 10:01:45.908
Media Recovery add redo thread 1
*** 2011-03-25 10:01:46.033 4132 krsh.c
Media Recovery Waiting for thread 1 sequence 7752
Redo shipping client performing standby login
OCISessionBegin failed. Error -1
.. Detailed OCI error val is 1017 and errmsg is ‘ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

OCISessionBegin failed. Error -1
.. Detailed OCI error val is 1031 and errmsg is ‘ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

*** 2011-03-25 10:01:46.173
OCISessionBegin failed -1
.. Detailed OCI error val is 1031 and errmsg is ‘ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

*** 2011-03-25 10:01:46.173 4132 krsh.c
Error 1031 received logging on to the standby
*** 2011-03-25 10:01:46.173 4132 krsh.c
FAL[client, USER]: Error 1031 connecting to bizwizdb for fetching gap sequence
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
*** 2011-03-25 11:43:01.351 4132 krsh.c

Then I tested the database connection from both server by doing TNS ping and found no problem.

Then I tried login to with sys account to both servers (including remote login) and found no problem.

Then I notice the modified date of password file in main server and main database server.

After investigation I found that one of the guys has recently updated the sys password as Oracle was showing that it going to expired. Please note that he updated the password with existing password. As a result password are still same in both servers but only password file update date has changed.

So I shutdown the Standby Server and copied the password file from Main Server to Standby Server.

I rename copied password file as per Standby Server password file and restarted the Standby Server.

This solved by my problem and standby server starts syncing with main database beautifully….

Tags: Oracle Administration

0 responses so far ↓

  • There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.

Leave a Comment